Tick off the jobs as you go with our shifting house checklists
Download and print off our helpful checklists!
Q- How long will my move take?
A- A standard 3 bedroom house lot will take 2-3 hours to load and 1-2 hours to offload + any travel time.
Q- How do I go about organising insurance?
A- Check with your own provider about transit insurance. You’ll often find that you’re already covered through contents.
Q- How many men will be on the job?
A- We generally use two men, but 3 may be required for larger moves or for houses with tricky access. The boss will always be on the job to ensure things go smoothly.
Tips & Tricks
- Try to stick to two box sizes- smaller boxes for heavy/fragile items and larger boxes for larger items such as linen/bedding etc. This will ensure optimum safety and make stacking fast and efficient.
- Box as many items as possible- we don’t mind loose items but ensuring all contents are boxed up will make the job a breeze for both parties.
- Keep doorways and hallways clear- This prevents us double handling on move day and will speed up the process for you.
- Keep garden tools together- by placing them in a large open box or garbage bin. It’s fine if they stick out the top.
- Keep all bed pieces together- Once dismantled, screw the nuts and bolts back into their respective threads, and tape the slats together.